English Teacher X Guide To Teaching English Abroad: Practical Advice for Surviving the Perils and Pitfalls of a TEFL Job
By: English Teacher X
Our Price: $9.89
You Save: $1.10 (10%)
Usually ships in 24 hours
NEW 2013 EDITION CONTAINING DOZENS OF PAGES OF NEW INFORMATION, INCLUDING INTERVIEWS WITH REAL TEFL TEACHERS!
Are you tired of your dead-end job? Are you feeling a bit boxed in by your tedious existence? Are you pretty sure there should be more to life than this?
Well, so is English Teacher X.
In 2011, English Teacher X, with more than 15 years experience at some of the worst English language schools in the world, collected the essays on his website into ebook form. It has been hailed as "a trash book from a trashy person" and "a bitter rant."
This brutally frank, often scathing, frequently profane, occasionally profound, but always insightful look at English teaching abroad in the 21st century is a perfect guide for beginners and those thinking of entering the profession.
The book deals with a general consideration of English teaching as a profession, and how to make the decision to do it; gives some general advice about how to find a job and choose a decent employer; and offers some advice for dealing with the most common problems experienced by newbies in the business of TEFL teaching.
- Five Really Bad Reasons to Teach English Abroad
- Why English Institutes Usually Suck
- The Three Unwritten Rules of Teaching English
- Teaching vs. McDonald's vs. Piracy
and many many more.
THIS SPECIAL NEW 2013 EDITION contains dozens of pages of new material, including:
- Interviews with experienced and novice teachers of English as a Foreign Language.
- English Teacher X's classic DOOFUS AND VALIANT and TYPICAL TEACHER TYPES cartoons.
- New information about teaching children, young learners, and "company" classes, as well as useful books and internet resources.
If you've ever dreamed of teaching English abroad ... read this book first!
Paperback: 278 pages
Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (2011-09-30)
Dimensions (H L W): 70 x 1220 x 590