We've just completed a full audit of our ESL links database. This basically means that we've now checked every single link in the database for broken links and 404 (page not found) errors. Where possible we have tried to update the listings with the correct url. Naturally enough, we were not able to correct all links and so it was necessary to remove about 100 broken links.
This task, which Tdol bravely undertook by himself, was made relatively painless by using a piece of free software called Xenu Link Sleuth. Link Sleuth simplifies the maintenance of websites by analysing all links contained in the site and producing a report of any errors it finds. It's a great piece of software, and I'd recommend it to anyone who runs their own site.
Categories: Site Content