PDA

View Full Version : Need Recommendation For ESL Book !!

dalgi1818
17-Jan-2005, 21:41
:roll: To: Everyone

Hello, everyone!!
I am currently tutoring 7th grade and 9th grade who just came from Korea. I would like to have some recommendation of good grammar(and general) English book to teach.

For 7th grade, I started with TOEFL book, but it was too hard for her. She does not seem to follow my lead, so I really seeking a book that would be interesting to her.

For 9th grade, I believe that he has some foundation, but not in American way. As you all know, English that is learned in Korea is different in America. I want to teach him in American style so that he can get used to it. I am seeking a book that includes all the TOEFL level grammars as well as other necessary sections such as basic reading.

I am very excited to teach these students and would like to do my best so they can be successful in here. I believe that the most important time to adapt in America is first 2-3 years. If they don't understand grammar as much as possible, they will get behind and have hard time when they go to universities.

I really appreciate for help ~~

Tdol
18-Jan-2005, 01:58
For a grammar book, I like Michael Swan. (http://www.usingenglish.com/amazon/us/019431197X.html) In the UK, we generally use IELTS a lot more than TOEFL, so I'll leave the TOEFL recommendations to people with more experience of it. ;-)