Please help me with these exercises
I/ Multiple choice:
1) A boom in foreign investment will encourage housing constructions and ____ record speed for our city's growth.
d. pick up
2) I can't face ____ in a long line ____ for the free tickets.
a. standing/to wait
b. to stand/to wait
c. stand/ to wait
3) The main attraction of the job was that it offered the ____ to the research.
4) ____ you have no key, you will have to get back before I went out.
5) On New Year's eve, bells are rung, horns blown, wishes exchanged, and resolutions ____ at midnight.
6) With the ____ of the marketing, Louise is an expert in all aspects of the business.
II/ Word form:
1) The contestant felt discouraged in the face of fierce ____. (compete)
2) The full ____ of the system will take some time. (implement)
3) Each new course offered by the university has to be ____. (evaluate)
III/ Sentence transformation:
Peter was brought up in Italy, which means he often eats pastas.
--> The fact that ________________________________________
I'm stuck with these excersice and now I really need your help.
It would be really nice if you can give me the right answer and some explanation for your choices.
Thanks a lot!!! :)
Re: Please help me with these exercises
Sorry, we don't do people's assignments for them. I will say, however, that there are no right answers to 1,3 and 4.
Originally Posted by hoang21anh
By anupumh in forum Pronunciation and Phonetics
Last Post: 27-Aug-2009, 01:32
By Lexy_Gold in forum Ask a Teacher
Last Post: 08-Jun-2009, 11:28
By Herr_Martin in forum Teaching English
Last Post: 26-Feb-2008, 20:25
By K_D in forum Ask a Teacher
Last Post: 07-Jan-2006, 07:14
By davidchamorro01 in forum Ask a Teacher
Last Post: 20-Apr-2005, 23:42
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO