Me again with new problems.
Thanks in advance!
1. What does "Mixen Sinks" mean? (Horse−ponds Mixens Sinks in yards Stable−drains Wet ditches Road−scrapings, and Cinder−heaps Cesspools Back−door gutters.)
2.What does "round barrelled" mean?" (All three were well horsed on strong, round−barrelled cobs.)
3. Darton, the father, had been a one−idea'd character, with a buttoned−up pocket and a chink−like eye brimming with commercial subtlety. What is meaning of 'one−idea'd character', 'buttoned−up pocket' and 'commercial subtlety'?
4. What does "make-up on her" mean? (Sally is a comely, independent, simple character, with no make−up about her.)
5. What does "zull" mean? (These straps plough my shoulder like a zull.)
6. What does 'by a side "drong"' mean? (At the back was a dairy barton, accessible for vehicles and live−stock by a side 'drong'.)
Re: Problems II
Mixen = sompost heap, so I presume it means a hole for compost
2- the animal's trunk
3- only one thing on his mind/mean/could see ways of making money anywhere
5 No idea- some kind of strap??
6- I guess it's an entrance, but have no idea what kind
Re: Problems II
A drong is a passageway or lane between walls or hedges
Zull is unknown to me, Webster and Google
By Red5 in forum News and Announcements
Last Post: 15-May-2005, 13:40
By jack in forum Ask a Teacher
Last Post: 12-Dec-2004, 11:05
By Prakinator in forum Ask a Teacher
Last Post: 08-Oct-2004, 09:59
By Anonymous in forum Ask a Teacher
Last Post: 15-Aug-2004, 18:54
By gonghai in forum Ask a Teacher
Last Post: 25-Jun-2004, 01:00
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO