One of the best ways how to improve my English is, in my opinion, practising. I read a book and always when I find a word that I donít know (this happens really very often), I write it down and look up for the meaning. However, I donít remember these words for too long, so I decided to try to write them in the sentences. I think this might help. Here they are. Could you correct the mistakes I wrote, please? As well in the previous text.
Iím sure there are many mistakes; I often didnít even know what to write, so I used bad words (I donít think that the preposition in sentence Ągo along the passageď isnít right, is it?).
I hope number Ą49ď doesnít discourage you. I would be very pleased if you corrected all items.
1. It occured to me that we could have met last Saturday.
2. Once or twice I peeped into the book, but it seemed to me to be boring, so I stop reading it and returned it back to my sister.
3. It flashed across my mind that I had never seen something like that.
4. I popped into the small hole by the bush.
5. The hole is under the hedge.
6. The way down the mountain was slowly dipping down.
7. I have made the puzzle out at last!
8. There was a small painting hanging upon the peg.
9. I tumbled down the ladder last Sunday.
10. Stop showing off your biceps!
11. I havenít got the slightest idea what it was.
12. I like to use these grand wordsÖ
13. While she was dozing, the thief stole her her wallet.
14. Stop laughing. Now, I ask you earnestly: Who has broken the vase?
15. When I saw the Queen, I curtsied.
16. Thatís really fancy to see a horse in your own kitchen!
17. This is my catís saucer for milk.
18. Go along the passage and there the WC is.
19. Cats use their whiskers for recognising whether they can go through a pipe or a hole.
20. Oaken wood is very solid. You can keep the oaken table for many years.
21. I saw there a poor crying tiny boy.
22. While I was wandering in the garden, I met my friend who works there as a gardener.
23. The hole is very low. It really isnít too deep, donít be frightened!
24. To me great delight I found some money on the street. I was very delighted.
25. I led my freinds to the nearest restaurant.
26. I knelt down to see what was hiden under the armchair.
27. Could you lend me your telescope? Iíd like to go to mountains and watch surrounding villages.
28. I donít know where she isÖ At any rate, I havenít seen her lately.
29. This year, everything seems to me to be out-of-the-way. The weather is out-of-the-way, and all all the disastersÖ It isnít normal, is it?
30. We got to a small forest beyond the city. I had never been there as it is very out-of-the-way.
31. No, I must disagree with you. I donít share any of your opinions.
32. I ventured to go to the drak cave. It was very frightening.
33. I love custard. My family ussually cooks it for feasts. We also produce toffee. If you want to cook it too, you mostly need some milk.
34. There was a label on the marmalade on which was written that we shouldnít have eaten it by the time after 15.5.2005 (best before end).
35. Beauty and Beast is a very nice fairy-tale.
36. When you take the poker out of the fire, it might burn you, if you catch it on the bad side.
37. Oh, my T-shirt has shrinked! Look!
38. Ice is quite slippery. You should wear some good shoes.
39. I was totally tired out with trying to lift the trunk.
40. I donít like playing cards with you. Youíre always cheating because of what I always lose the game.
41. You are fond of her, arenít you? I saw you admirable looking at her.
42. You behave to me fond indeed, so I decided on giving you some small present.
43. Leave off smoking, please. Itís prohibited in here.
44. They scolded us for leaving so soon. Well, we could stay there for longer, but it was so boring!
45. My History teacher is a very respectable person. I like him very much.
46. Do you preserve red currants? We do. Every summer we gather it and then preserve.
47. My children forced me to creep under the chair to their Ąhouseď under the table. When I was small, I used to build Ąhousesď out of the furniture too. I covered it by a cover and it looked there like in a small room just for me.
48. You know, he feels quite anxious now. His girlfriend gave him a refusal.
49. Try not to behave so dull. If you want to be accepted to the school, you must look clever at the talk with the schoolĎs headmaster.