Adverbial Clause, Attributive Clauses, Emphatic sentence
How to differentiate between 'Adverbial Clause', 'Attributive Clause' and 'Emphatic sentence'? Are the following sentences correct?
1. It's Joey (that/whom/who) we're looking for. —— Emphatic sentence or attributive clause?
2. It was last night that it snowed. —— Emphatic sentence or adverbial clause?
3. It was last night when it snowed. —— Emphatic sentence or adverbial clause?
4. It was January 31st when he last came here.
5. It was January 31st that he last came here.—— Is this sentence correct? Is it a emphatic sentence or a adverbial clause?
6. It was on January 31st that he last came here.
Last edited by Hiya Raymond; 09-Aug-2013 at 04:19.
By celinora in forum Ask a Teacher
Last Post: 14-Aug-2012, 00:16
By Miao.L in forum Ask a Teacher
Last Post: 01-Sep-2010, 06:51
By English confuse me in forum Ask a Teacher
Last Post: 27-Apr-2010, 15:13
By Joe in forum Ask a Teacher
Last Post: 16-Jun-2004, 14:10
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO