I'm studying English liguistics. Here are two phrases which are structurally ambiguous. Could you tell two different meanings of each phrase?
1. foreign student organization
2. second language teacher
Regarding No. 1, my guess is
1. an organization for foreign students
2. a student organization in foreign countries
1. a teacher who teaches second language
2. a language teacher who is an assistant teacher.
I hope to have your answers asap.. thanks!!
Re: Structural Ambiguity
I agree with your interpretations.
By nyggus in forum Ask a Teacher
Last Post: 17-Jun-2006, 18:04
By rouby in forum Ask a Teacher
Last Post: 26-Jan-2005, 02:50
By FW in forum Ask a Teacher
Last Post: 09-Apr-2003, 05:09
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO