I have the following sentences which I am not sure of their correctness. Some help is needed .
1. Is it correct to say : " What is your weight ? or " How much
do you weigh ?
2. " I have attained success in all my exams " or " I have
attained success in all of my exams."
3. Is it correct to say : " I go first ( to leave a place ) or " I
take a leave now"
Thanks for help.
Re: Acceptable sentences
1. Both are correct.
Originally Posted by basic learner
2. Both are grammatical but unnatural. I suggest "I have passed all my exams or all of my exams."
3. Both should be future tense. "I'll go first" (but that usually refers to taking the first turn (as in a game) instead of leaving) and "I'll take my leave now." (very formal)
By sonicstaars in forum General Language Discussions
Last Post: 05-May-2010, 03:44
By bayan said in forum Ask a Teacher
Last Post: 26-Dec-2006, 22:21
By Katsu in forum Ask a Teacher
Last Post: 12-Aug-2005, 05:22
By ripley in forum Ask a Teacher
Last Post: 24-Apr-2005, 12:56
By RonBee in forum General Language Discussions
Last Post: 01-Dec-2003, 01:13
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO