Are the following verbs used as helping verbs?
1. We should help the injured fish.
2. I may visit my cousin tomorrow.
3. Starfish must stay below the surface.
4. I shall eat shrimp for dinner tonight.
5. My friends and I were swimming when a shark attacked us.
6. Jack can jump out of the water.
Re: helping verbs
Yes, they are helping/auxiliary verbs.
Originally Posted by ninetales
In addition, all but #5 are modal (auxiliary) verbs.
By crool in forum Ask a Teacher
Last Post: 09-Aug-2007, 17:56
By kvinchuca in forum English Phrasal Verbs
Last Post: 19-Dec-2005, 16:39
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO