Hello I'm new to usingenglish.com!
Could somebody help me with grammatical structures /forms and functions?
We need to find out what grammatical structures the following sentences are using:
1. Could I have Leeds 26542, please?
2. Can I have a private word with you, old chap?
3. I was just wondering if you'd mind if I put my shoes on your chair.
4. May I ask the reason?
5. Find that girl for me. As a favour.
6. Why don't you lend Tom a few pounds, Bob?
b) Identify the probable function of each of the following utterances:
1. Have a chocolate biscuit.
2. Ring Bob and tell him to come here.
3. Come on, darling, help me clear the table.
4. Buzz off before I call the police.
5. Mind how you go.
6. Take a tip from me, Jack, wipe the whole business from your head, get it clean out of your mind.
Many thanks for your help!!!!!!!!!
Looking forward to hear from you!
Re: grammatical structure
This looks like homework. We'll help you, but you must try first.
Originally Posted by meltirol
By callonghouse in forum Ask a Teacher
Last Post: 29-Aug-2006, 18:43
By juman in forum Ask a Teacher
Last Post: 24-Feb-2006, 00:42
By K_D in forum Ask a Teacher
Last Post: 07-Jan-2006, 07:14
By Ulku in forum Ask a Teacher
Last Post: 05-Dec-2005, 18:05
By Dr. Jamshid Ibrahim in forum General Language Discussions
Last Post: 25-Jul-2005, 11:33
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO