Anyone knows music terms? please help.
1) "The aching, arching long lines", what does arching here mean? The "lines" here is the musical lines.
2) What is the vocal accomplishment?
3) What is the vertical harmonies?
4) Can you explain the following sentence?
a) The music soars when a performer distinguishes the notes whose impulse carries the music’s structure from those that are purely decorative.
b) So too the long line of the music is revealed when a performer connects the structural notes for the ear.
6) what is "overarching structure" in musical terms?
7) what is the associate principle cellist? Is it the principle cellist's assistant?
1) We think of “personality” as a strategy for “getting out of childhood alive” What does it mean?
2) And how about "an expression that transcends the personality that got it out of childhood alive"?
3) What is the downward spiral talk? Talking about the bad things?
4) The sentence says; "He wrote at the age of the oldest children present", what does it mean?
5) It doesn't mean you should work to achieve something "higher plane of existence" so you can "transcend negavity". It simply means, being present wihtout resistance; being present to what is happening and present to your reactions, no matter how intense.
What do "higher plane of existence" and "transcend negavity" mean?
Thanks so much!!