Charecterisation? I have been asked to write charecterisations of the novel Birdsong
I have been asked to write charecterisations about the novel Birdsong by Sebastian Faulks, does this just mean general attributes of charecters in the novel?any help appriaciated sooner the better.ThankyouBecca
Re: Charecterisation? I have been asked to write charecterisations of the novel Birdsong
Hello Becca, welcome to Using English!
Yes, it sounds as if you're supposed to write about characterisation in the novel, i.e. notes on how the characters are portrayed.
You could look at the following aspects of each character:
1. What the author says about the character directly.
2. What the character says about himself, his own past, etc.
3. What characters say about each other.
4. How the character's character (!) is revealed through his behaviour.
5. How the style of the author changes, when he talks about different characters; what images he uses, etc.
All the best,
By jenniejen in forum Editing & Writing Topics
Last Post: 14-Dec-2005, 06:09
By FW in forum Ask a Teacher
Last Post: 28-Oct-2003, 13:49
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO