4) What difficulties (if any) might the underlined vocabulary items present for learners? How would you help learners to understand the meaning of each item?
a) They’ve bought a bungalow near the seaside.
· Unable to understand the word; Show that bungalow is the same as house, shack, cottage.
b) He’s always been a bit skinny
· Unable to understand the word; Skinny is the same as thin, and opposite of fat
c) She’s usually sympathetic to people
· Unable to understand the word; Sympathetic implies to listen, understand what others are feeling.
d) I’ve never been able to get on with people I work with.
· To get on with; friendly, converse with, hang out.