Newspaper Section Names
Greetings to all of you who are dedicated to help ESL students and who never take a break, I am back. (And thank you so much.)
I am helping translating a Taipei's Christian Newspaper's section names, would you please check if I have the correct names and and whether they should be singular or plural.
1. Sports - should be plural.
2. Leisure is singular.
3. Network Technology - technology is singular.
4. Commentary or Editorials - which is better? Commentary is singular and Editorial is plural? Would be prefer Editorials over Commentary?
5. Opinion or Opinions, which is correct? This is the opinion page for the reading public.
6. Love is singular.
7. Reading or Learning. I think Learning is better.
8. Career is singular.
9. Dating and Friendship.
10. Family or Family Album, which is better?
17. Christian life or Church Activities, which is better?
18. Missions or Ministries, which is better? What is the difference? Both are pliural?
19. Arts. This is plural.
-->Singular or plural
-->Singular or plural, but usually plural
-->Take your pick. Some editorial page sections are headed as
Commentary, some as Editorials, some as News Analysis. It is all the same thing.
-->Use either one. Use Opinion to mean opinion in general or Opinions to mean more than one opinion. (Letters from readers are usually in the Letters to the Editor section on the editorial page.)
-->Love isn't normally pluralized. It could be considered singular or plural.
How about Reading and Learning? :)
I suggest Careers. Or Jobs.
I like Family better.
- Christian life or Church Activities
I would use Church Activities for activities that take place at the church or among church members. Christian Life seems to me to be a more wide-ranging category.
My opinion is that those are the same.
The rest are fine as is.
You're welcome, as always.
By hopechest in forum General Language Discussions
Last Post: 12-May-2009, 09:29
By Red5 in forum News and Announcements
Last Post: 25-Aug-2003, 02:44
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO