I am wondering which is correct "would accept" or "had accepted" in the case.
1. If only he would accept some help with the work instead of trying to do it alone.
2. If only he had accepted some help with the work instead of trying to do it alone.
They are both correct, but they have different meanings.
Originally Posted by mylevt
1. is in the present tense. 2. is in the past perfect.
1. If only he would accept help, he would finish faster. (Present conditional, twice)
2. If only he had accepted some help, he might not have injured himself. (Past perfect, present perfect).
By jctgf in forum Pronunciation and Phonetics
Last Post: 27-Jul-2008, 23:40
By hampeh in forum Editing & Writing Topics
Last Post: 22-Apr-2008, 22:57
By belly_ttt in forum Ask a Teacher
Last Post: 30-Sep-2007, 11:32
By micaelo in forum Ask a Teacher
Last Post: 08-Jun-2007, 20:31
By peppy_man in forum Ask a Teacher
Last Post: 25-Dec-2006, 05:04
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO