Does each one of the following words consist of one morpheme or two?
sheep (in the case of plurality)
Last edited by sash2008; 30-Apr-2009 at 13:25.
They all have just 1:
- human hu- is not a productive prefix
- woman wo- is not productive
- sheep (pl.) sheep has a zero plural form
- morpheme mor- is not productive
- derive -rive is not a productive suffix
- deprive -prive is not productive
- cafeteria -teria is not productive
- inflect -flect is not productive
Thank you Mr Soup
Originally Posted by Soup
but I think that the word "morpheme" has two morphemes: "morph" and "eme" /
the word cafeteria has two: the main morpheme (the root) "cafe" and the derivational(lexical) morpheme "teria"
Am I right?
By nyggus in forum Ask a Teacher
Last Post: 31-Jan-2011, 12:11
By vil in forum Ask a Teacher
Last Post: 14-Feb-2009, 17:39
By Grace-Ellen in forum Linguistics
Last Post: 15-Oct-2008, 11:34
By edmondng in forum Ask a Teacher
Last Post: 10-Mar-2008, 02:48
By ssingh120 in forum Ask a Teacher
Last Post: 14-Jun-2006, 15:09
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO