- 1 Post By Tdol
Would you be kind enough to tell me your opinion concerning the following sentences?
1. I could spare a little time every once in a while.
1. Spare the rod and spoil the child.
2. No expense should be spared to effect the cure.
3. He cannot be spared at such a time, we need him badly.
4. I have no time to spare today.
5. He was spared the embarrassment of doing it himself.
6. They have a spare room.
7. The spare parts of the machine were mislaid.
8. She liked on a spare diet.
9. Their lives should be spared, they are innocent.
10.She ate but sparingly.
11.She distinguished for her unusual spare frame.
12.We have to spare no pains.
13. He is a man of a kind that can ill be spared.
14. Can you spare me a few minutes?
15. Have you got a pencil to spare?
16. The fire spared nothing.
17. You have to spare me the pain of hearing it.
18. I want to spare you all suffering.
19. You need not spare to ask my help.
20. Can you spare me a few liters of petrol?
21. You should be more sparing of your energy.
Thank you for your efforts.
2- I'd use 'a cure' as we don't know yet that/whether there is only one.
7- If the spare parts were bought separately, I'd use 'for'.
11 She is...unusually (Mind you, it's not a winner of a sentence for me.)
By Deepurple in forum Ask a Teacher
Last Post: 22-Dec-2008, 04:35
By norwolf in forum Ask a Teacher
Last Post: 19-Nov-2008, 13:44
By siruss in forum Ask a Teacher
Last Post: 02-Jun-2007, 13:09
By piousoul in forum Ask a Teacher
Last Post: 03-Feb-2007, 09:27
By karitaru in forum Ask a Teacher
Last Post: 29-Oct-2006, 00:34
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO