Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Canada
Some people have restrickted attitude towards Muslims. According to their mentality all Muslims women should wear Islamic dress and they won't go jogging. I noticed whenever, I go jogging they astonishingly look at me and my sports outfit.

Could you please fix my sentence. Thank you so much.

Huda-M

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Some people have restrickted attitude towards Muslims. According to their mentality all Muslims women should wear Islamic dress and they won't go jogging. I noticed whenever, I go jogging they astonishingly look at me and my sports outfit.

Could you please fix my sentence. Thank you so much.

I wouldn't say a "restricted attitude". It's not their attitude that's restricted surely. It's more that they think that Muslim women should be restricted in what the can do and wear, isn't it? (Note: not personal opinion, just trying to get to the bottom of what the OP is trying to say).

I would say:

Some people have a very narrow-minded (or blinkered) opinion towards Muslims. As far as they're concerned, all Muslim women should wear traditional Islamic clothing and they shouldn't go jogging. I have noticed that whenever I go jogging, people look at me and my sports clothing in amazement!

Status
Not open for further replies.