Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I am looking for good websites to recommend to my students. As a native English speaker, I look for certain criteria in websites, but, I would like to know from an English language learner which ones are the most helpful. Thanks!

charliedeut

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
Welcome to the Forum :hi:,

Depending on what you are specifically looking for, you just found a good one, methinks.

TomUK

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
German
Home Country
Germany
Current Location
UK
First, I can highly recommend English Language (ESL) Learning Online - UsingEnglish.com to your students. Second, to suggest any further websites would require some more background information about your students, for example level of English and age.

Thinking back to my own school days I always hated having to learn long lists of vocabulary by rote. Now I have found a way where learning new vocabulary has become a by-product of an enjoyable leisure activity. Whenever I am interested in a subject I look for a website or forum in English. This way I stumble across new words all the times and remember them without any noticeable effort. Learning new vocabulary is no longer the chore it used to be.

TomUK

Esredux

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
I am looking for good websites to recommend to my students. As a native English speaker, I look for certain criteria in websites, but, I would like to know from an English language learner which ones are the most helpful. Thanks!
As a language learner, I'd be looking for sites that could meet my needs, for example BBC Radio 4 for listening/pronunciation, COCA (or similar) for vocabulary precision, certain blogs for style, etc. but one man's meat is another man's poison. More often than not, a good needs analysis and then google search of problem areas work perfectly well and help save time.

Incidentally, there's a good section of phrasal verbs and grammar/vocab quizzes, both printable and interactive, on this site.

teoga

Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Hong Kong
With a Windows 7 or 8 computer, everyone can follow the pronunciation of native English speaks Microsoft Anna, David, Zira and Hazel by using the text to speech software panopreter

Status
Not open for further replies.