Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
United States
Hi All,

Please let me know the grammar mistakes in the following piece of code

---------------

I still had my eyes clogged when I heard some one knocking at my door. It was the second time my door was knocked so early in the morning. First time Boston police had knocked my door so early. Though my heart was beating so fast to see the police at my place so early in the morning but later I couldn’t stop my laughter. It was my two year old daughter who dialed 911 by mistake. So before opening the door I look out through the road side window and then sneaked out through the hole of the door. It was the lady from the front door. I opened the door and welcomed her surprisingly. After exchanging the formal smiling, she told me, “I have shifted to single bed room in the 3rd floor of this building”. We both were on the second floor and she had a family of four, her husband and her twins. I was confused whether I’ve overheard her as I was still half asleep. So I asked her again, “why single bed room”. She again replied unexpectedly, ” I want to be with myself for sometime”. I tried to understand her and asked again embarrassedly “why”. This time she almost had tears in her eyes. She said with her hoarse voice, “He has left us”. I was completely stunned for a while. I had an impression that it was a very lovely couple. I was speechless and didn’t feel good invading in her personal life.

----------------

Thanks in advance
Gauri

gauri_agr

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
United States
Thank you so much Gillnetter.

I don't know what we call for the magnifying glass on the door to see the people out side.

sneaked out through the hole of the door (How did you leave through a hole in the door?).

Thanks & Regards
Gauri

gauri_agr

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
United States
Thanks Gillneter for detailed explanation