Student or Learner
Native Language
Tagalog
Home Country
Philippines
Current Location
Philippines
Good day to you all! :-D

I am in an urgent need of writing a Solicitation letter. This is my first time writing one so I have no idea what to put in it. I am part of an orchestra and I am in need of a Cello. I need financial assistance in aquiring one. Most people suggested to write a solicitation letter but the problem is, I have no idea what to put in it. Could anyone show me a sample? I also tried to search for different samples of solicitation letters but did not find what I wanted to find. Any form of help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks everyone! :up:

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Who would you write to?

Abe Yu

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tagalog
Home Country
Philippines
Current Location
Philippines
Thanks for the reply. :)

This letter will be sent to some members of my family who are 'not so close by' and to some friends. If you guys need more info, I'd gladly give them.

Thanks in advance! :up:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Thanks for the reply. :)

This letter will be sent to some members of my family who are 'not so close by' and to some friends. If you guys need more info, I'd gladly give them.

Thanks in advance! :up:

When you say that your family members are "not so close by", do you mean they live a long way away, or did you perhaps mean that you are not "close to them" - ie, you don't have a strong family relationship with them, perhaps don't see them very often?

By the way, "information" is generally considered uncountable, so if we need more info, you'll gladly give ​it.

Abe Yu

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tagalog
Home Country
Philippines
Current Location
Philippines
When I said, 'family members who are not so close by' , those are some of my family members who live in another city. They're not SO far away, I just don't see them all the time but we make ways to see each other on special occasions or when time permits. I am pretty close with them, just don't see them all the time.

Thanks for the reply! :up:
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.