Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
On different occasions I have been asked on this forum to supply a Reed-Kellogg diagram for some sentence.
I am always glad to do that, but there is no very convenient way that I know of to diagram while using a keyboard.
The Reed-Kellogg diagramming system works beautifully and easily on a blackboard. It occurred to me that I could more easily make a very short video of the making of the diagram requested and then post it on my Youtube channel, giving the link here. That would also give me a chance to show various options.

Does anybody see any problem with this?

I am thinking of beginning with "All's well that ends well". Or "The gate swung shut".

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
No problem at all- is there no software that does this easily? What about stuff like SenDraw? Reed-Kellog are actually fairly new to me- I went through school and taught for a couple of decades before I came across them.

Frank Antonson

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
None that I know of. I can do it -- diagram online using a keyboard, but it is awkward and difficult.
On a chalkboard it is easy, quick, and fun.
I'll try it and see what happens.
Thanks.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Reed-Kellog are actually fairly new to me- I went through school and taught for a couple of decades before I came across them.
R-K as such never took off in the UK. Even in the USA it had gone out of fashion before your time.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Thanks, dad.

Status
Not open for further replies.