Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Hello,

I would be grateful, if someone could check this opinion essay and make some useful sugestions. The subject is as following: "TV reality shows are not worth watching - what do you think". Thanks.

In today’s world reality show are very popular among people. They allow to move an ordinary people to magical places in which the main role act famous person. The way I see it is different. I believe that reality shows are scripted and planned to attract viewer’s attention.
In the first place, this type of shows are created to increase the television rating point. The more people will watch reality shows, the highest number of profits for TV stations. A panel of experts, directors and editors invent dramatic and humorous situations which are aimed at cause a sensation or controversy.
Another major reason, it to waste our time and money. The people whose act in such kinds of shows try to attract our attention by silly things – sometimes very dangerous – in order to be recognizable. Usually reality shows are connected with voting on our favorite person. Participants try to convince us that she/he is the best choice and to send money in order to this person could stay in next episode.
Opponents of this view say, that reality shows are first-rate entertainment because they introduce real live of famous people. They can touch their life. What is more people can see how famous are behaving in different situations. Sometimes they find so shocking things that they are simple unable to turn away. They forget, however, it is only a TV show and cannot be relate to real life. It is untrue and false when people try to pretend to be someone they are not.
I strongly believe, that reality shows are not worth watching. It is a imagine world in which nothing happens without a reason. There are many other interesting programs which will better develop our mind.

cloudless

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
anybody can check it ??

konungursvia

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Popular among people is redundant. I'd just say popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.