[General] what is the meaning of "I'm behind" in this situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mokbon

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
Hi

in this situation, Does "behind" means Chandler supports this experiment?
"behind" is back from the one, so could it also means that he won't participate?

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Ross: Look, if she's talking to it, I just think that I should get some belly time too. Not that I believe any of this.

Phoebe: Oh, I believe it. I think the baby can totally hear everything. I can show you. Look, this will seem a little weird, but you put your head inside this turkey, and then we'll all talk, and you'll hear everything we say.

Chandler: I'd just like to say that I'm totally behind this experiment. In fact, I'd very much like to butter your head.
------------------------------------------------------------------
source: Friends s1 ep9

mykwyner

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi

in this situation, Does "behind" means Chandler supports this experiment?

"behind" is back from the one, so could it also means that he won't participate?

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Ross: Look, if she's talking to it, I just think that I should get some belly time too. Not that I believe any of this.

Phoebe: Oh, I believe it. I think the baby can totally hear everything. I can show you. Look, this will seem a little weird, but you put your head inside this turkey, and then we'll all talk, and you'll hear everything we say.

Chandler: I'd just like to say that I'm totally behind this experiment. In fact, I'd very much like to butter your head.
------------------------------------------------------------------
source: Friends s1 ep9

Yes, that's exactly what it means.

You would never be behind something you weren't in favor of.

Status
Not open for further replies.