HELP needed. Ideas for a reading lesson about English language facts and figures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

leonmiami

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi everyone. Need some help with a 60 minutes reading lesson plan about English Facts and Figures e.g english is spoken by millions of people.

Any ideas on a warm up activity to get students interested in this topic and vocabulary i can pre-teach?

Also some ideas on some reading tasks i could give them would be great.

Struggling to find some ideas at the moment. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
icon_biggrin.gif

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
Hi everyone. Need some help with a 60 minutes reading lesson plan about English Facts and Figures e.g english is spoken by millions of people.

Any ideas on a warm up activity to get students interested in this topic and vocabulary i can pre-teach?

Also some ideas on some reading tasks i could give them would be great.

Struggling to find some ideas at the moment. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
icon_biggrin.gif

Is this homework?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
How long have you been teaching this class? How many people are in the class? What level are they? How good are they at the different types of lesson - ie listening comprehension, reading comprehension, one-to-one conversation, debating etc?

I trust that you are teaching your students to capitalise the word "I" at all times even though you choose to write it incorrectly each time. Please rectify that situation in future posts. If you are an English teacher, learners on this site will read your posts and assume they are correctly written. It is therefore imperative that you ensure that they are.

Also, please ensure that your member profile information is correct. It gives your current location as United States but that does not appear to be the case.

leonmiami

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi. This class is ongoing for a couple of months. I apologise about the I. Usually the I would automatically capitalise with other programs I use and I completely overlooked it in this post.

Thank you for your suggestions and help. This lesson has now been completed. This post was a last minute attempt for some more ideas.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
OK. You still need to check your member profile though.

Status
Not open for further replies.