Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Vietnam
Hi,

I've got a face to face interview for the Celta course in Vietnam.

Am hoping to get some information what to expect from anyone that has had this interview before ,so I can prepare.

Thanks!

Mylanguageclick

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Argentina
Current Location
Spain
The interview usually lasts up to 30 minutes and they ask you some questions about you and your task. I think the pre-interview task aims at testing your attitude towards teaching and how you would react if a student asks you certain questions. Interviews are usually between 3pm and 6pm Spain time. You are told during the interview if you have been accepted.
Regards.;-)

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
The course providers want to know if you have a genuine interest in teaching, and if it seems that you have a good chance of getting through the course successfully.

If you do have a genuine interest, then you have probably found out something about it, and can demonstrate this in the interview. If you know nothing at all about English or about what teaching might involve, then they will probably ask you, "So what makes you think you can become a teacher of English?"

They will not expect you to be an expert on anything, so don't worry too much. And dont try to bullsh*t. If you don't know something, say so.

Status
Not open for further replies.