What an ESL teacher needs for a home school? Please, help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

turnonyouren

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
Dear colleagues,

Here is the deal. One of my friend who is a teacher too is about to start her home teacher’s business to teach English to little kids in her house (ESL education + a day care) with my participation. This business although being a trend in the country is rather new in our particular town. And we both are a little overwhelmed with what to get for a better teachers’ and students’ experience. So I would really appreciate if you could share your experience on arranging this kind of a home school. Like what is to be available in teaching rooms, which equipment is the most practical, what tools are indispensable for a home-based educator, which ESL books are considered the best in the industry or for you personally. Any contribution is appreciated as we want to start a perfect business to attract parents (clients) right at the outset. :)

Thanks for helping inexperienced teachers here!

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Some dedicated space, a whiteboard/flipchart, a computer hooked up to the internet (preferably) and comfortable seating would be a good start.

turnonyouren

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
Some dedicated space, a whiteboard/flipchart, a computer hooked up to the internet (preferably) and comfortable seating would be a good start.
Thanks, Tdol. Good points!

Status
Not open for further replies.