Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
United States
Hi All,

Please correct my English in the below paragrahp:

--------------------------------

[FONT=&quot]I had two abortions. I did not have any other option as I already had two sweet children. In both abortions, I had surgical method because I felt it is much quicker. Moreover I never was able to tolerate the menstrual pain itself. My experience with first abortion was extremely painful. I found hard to manage my emotions and to handle my pain during my first abortion. I was threatened for whole of my life after having it. When I found I am again pregnant for the second times, I was under a deep depression. I had no way to go. I tried to come out of the depression and to handle the situation. I failed to search everywhere on the internet to get some relaxation technique which I could use while undergoing the procedure. Since I teach yoga and meditation, I started to work on my anxiety in my own way and I was able to handle the second abortion without pain. But that does not mean abortion could be one of the method of contraception. It is the murder of a life. I felt panic even after my second abortion not about my body but about killing my baby.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks in advance
Gauri
[/FONT]

Last edited:

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Hi All,

Please correct my English in the below paragrahp:

--------------------------------

[FONT=&quot]I have had two abortions. I did not have any other option as I already had two sweet children. [Isn't three sweet children an option? You could plead poverty, or a legally-enforced two-child state law, but having two children isn't the source of a lack of options.] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]For both abortions, I had a surgical [STRIKE]method[/STRIKE] procedure because I felt it is much quicker. Moreover I was never [STRIKE]was [/STRIKE]able to tolerate the menstrual pain itself ["the pain of aborting a fetus after a medical induction". I don't think aborting a fetus following RU486 or other drugs counts as 'menstrual pain']. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]My experience with the first abortion was extremely painful. I found it hard to manage my emotions and to handle my pain. [STRIKE]during my first abortion[/STRIKE]. I was threatened for the whole of my life after having it. [Threatened with what?] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]When I found I [STRIKE]am[/STRIKE] was again pregnant, for the second time, I [STRIKE]was under[/STRIKE] suffered/fell into a deep depression. I had nowhere [STRIKE]way[/STRIKE] to go. I tried to come out of the depression and to handle the situation. I [STRIKE]failed to[/STRIKE] searched everywhere on the internet to get some relaxation technique which I could use while undergoing the procedure. [Did you mean to write 'failed to'?][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Since I teach yoga and meditation, I started to work on my anxiety in my own way and I was able to handle the second abortion without pain. But that does not mean abortion [STRIKE]could be[/STRIKE] should be considered one of the methods of contraception. It is the murder of a life.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][Murder is a legal entity. An abortion is only murder if your country's law call it that. I would doubt they do, even if abortion is illegal.][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I felt panic even after my second abortion - not about my body but about killing my baby. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]--------------------------------------------------------------------[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thanks in advance[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Gauri[/FONT]
Fixed
R

gauri_agr

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
United States
ton of thanks for editing in detail.

Regards
Gauri

BobK

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Raymott's answer was just what was needed. If anyone has anything to add, they should follow his example in talking about the language rather than the issues. ;-)

b

Status
Not open for further replies.