Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Catalan
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
May "stab books" be understood as "bloody murder novels"?

"She's written six "Stab" books and now has running out of ideas" _The way it is written, honestly.

Thanks

Last edited:

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Written where, Bushwhacker?

You know we need context if you can't find out the answer for yourself.

Rover

Bushwhacker

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Catalan
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
Written where, Bushwhacker?

You know we need context if you can't find out the answer for yourself.

Rover

All the context I can give is the sentence where found "stab books". There is no other reference in the text I'm reading. So, if she is "running out of ideas", that seems to infer the books she writes are kind of "bloody novels", taking into account this previous "stab."

As for "written" I'm referring to the fact the sentence says exactly "has running", which I find a little bizarre.

Thanks for your concern

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
All the context I can give is the sentence where I found "stab books". There is no other reference in the text I'm reading. So, if she is "running out of ideas", that seems to [STRIKE]infer[/STRIKE] imply the books she writes are kind of "bloody novels", taking into account this previous "stab."
It may do, but I have never heard or seen the expression. It is not natural English to me.

As for "written" I'm referring to the fact the sentence says exactly "has running", which I find a little bizarre. It is wrong. It should be 'is running'. I suspect that the writer is not a native speaker of English.

Status
Not open for further replies.