[General] My dissertation topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiteng

Member Type
Academic
I have doubts in deciding for the best dissertation topics. For your information I am from Malaysia and teaching English as a Second Language. At the moment I am taking Master Program in TESL (Teaching English As Second Language). I need to decide for my dissertation topic. Below are some of my suggestions:

1. Teaching Methodology in ESL Class

2. Approaches to SLA in ESL Class

I need some help...

i. Which topic is better and easier to discuss with ample of sources?
ii. Are the topic/title specific enough and suit for a dissertation?

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
1 There are plenty of sources for both. Easier is subjective- which interests you more?
2 I don't think so- they sound more like book titles to me. I'd narrow things down.

Member Type
Student or Learner
I have doubts in deciding for the best dissertation topics. For your information I am from Malaysia and teaching English as a Second Language. At the moment I am taking Master Program in TESL (Teaching English As Second Language). I need to decide for my dissertation topic. Below are some of my suggestions:

1. Teaching Methodology in ESL Class

2. Approaches to SLA in ESL Class

I need some help...

i. Which topic is better and easier to discuss with ample of sources?
ii. Are the topic/title specific enough and suit for a dissertation?
The two suggested topics are too broad, try to narrow them down. For example, for the first topic, suggest a teaching methodology; say: the communicative approach, and apply it in an ESL classroom in Malaysia. The topic than will be like:
The effectiveness of using the communicative approach in ESL classroom with Malay-native speakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.