[Essay] cover letter erasmus! help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

marziolina

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
Hi! could you check my letter please???

thank you

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to express my interest in studying at the University of York during the first semester of next year, as an Erasmus student.
I graduated in Foreign Languages from the University of Bari on the 15th of March 2012 , specifically the name of my course was "Linguistics and Didactics of Modern Languages". Currently I am doing a Postgraduate course in Modern Compared and Postcolonial Literatures a the University of Bologna and I like it very much.
As I have seen from your website, York is 1st in the UK and 8th in the world in the Times Higher Education worls rankings of universities less than 50 years old, for this reason, having the opportunity to study for a period of time to your university would certainly contribute to my personal development, an important step for a future career.
I have always been fascinated by the British culture, not by chance I chose English as my first language at University and I focused my knowledge on the Scottish culture for the dissertation of my undergraduate course.
My dream has always been to be a translator and for this reason, spending a period of time abroad is certanly a necessity if I want to see my dream come true. Moreover the Erasmus program would give me the opportunity of experiencing an international education, something which I have never lived before.
I already contacted you by email in order to get information about your courses, and I really appreciated your kindness and your quickness in clarifying my doubts and above all I have been really happy to see that the courses provided by your University are perfectly coherent with my degree.
I sincerely hope that my qualifications and personal experiences will meet your high requirements.

Thank you

Yours Faithfully..

X

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi! could you check my letter please???

thank you

Dear Sir/Madam,

[STRIKE]I would like [/STRIKE] This to express my interest in studying at the University of York during the first semester of next year, as an Erasmus student.

I graduated (with what degree?) in Foreign Languages from the University of Bari on the 15th of March 2012. [STRIKE]specifically[/STRIKE] The name of my course was "Linguistics and Didactics of Modern Languages". Currently, I am doing a postgraduate course in Modern Compared and Postcolonial Literatures a the University of Bologna and I like it very much.

As I have seen from your website, York is [STRIKE]1st[/STRIKE] ranked first in the UK and[STRIKE] 8th [/STRIKE] eighth in the world in the Times Higher Education world rankings of universities less than 50 years old. For this reason, having the opportunity to study [STRIKE]for a period of time to [/STRIKE] at your university would certainly contribute to my personal development, and an important step for a future career.

I have always been fascinated by the British culture. So it is not by chance that I chose English as my first language at University and I focused my knowledge on the Scottish culture for the dissertation of my undergraduate course.

My dream has always been to be a translator and for this reason, spending a period of time abroad is certanly a necessity if I want to see my dream come true. Moreover, the Erasmus program would give me the opportunity [STRIKE] of experiencing [/STRIKE] to obtain an international education, something which I have never [STRIKE]lived[/STRIKE] experienced before.
I have already contacted you by email in order to get information about your courses, and I really appreciated your kindness and your quickness in [STRIKE]clarifying [/STRIKE eliminating ]my doubts and, above all, I [STRIKE]have been [/STRIKE]really[STRIKE] happy [/STRIKE] excited to see that the courses [STRIKE]provided[/STRIKE] offered by [STRIKE]your University [/STRIKE] York are perfectly [STRIKE]coherent[/STRIKE] compatible with my objectives and [STRIKE]with [/STRIKE] my degree.

I sincerely hope that my qualifications and personal experiences will meet your high standards and requirements.

Thank you for your consideration.

Yours Faithfully..

X

Suggestions. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.