[General] Please Help.. I need help to revise a paragraph for my report..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellenej

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tagalog
Home Country
Philippines
Current Location
Philippines

Henoch Schonlein Purpura (HSP) is a systemic vasculitis of childhood with a reported occurrence of 10–20 cases per 100,000 children per year. HSP can present at any age, but is most common in children under five. Usually the prognosis is good, with the exception of those with significant renal involvement.

The primary aim of HSP follow up is distinguishing persistent renal inflammation, which undiagnosed, could develop to permanent renal damage. Due to the asymptomatic nature of HSP associated nephritis, unlike all other associated complications, most centers provide a program or a sequence of regular urine and blood pressure monitoring for up to 12 months.

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Henoch Schonlein Purpura (HSP) is a systemic vasculitis of childhood with a reported occurrence of 10–20 cases per 100,000 children per year. HSP can [STRIKE] present [/STRIKE] occur at any age, but is most common in children under five years. Usually the prognosis is good, with the exception of those with significant renal involvement.

The primary aim of HSP follow up is [STRIKE] distinguishing [/STRIKE] (As certainly one not familiar with the condition, I think I would use "identifying". Use of "distinguishing" would indicate to me that you were going to present some other condition compared to HSP) persistent renal inflammation, which undiagnosed, could developinto permanent renal damage. Due to the asymptomatic nature of HSP-associatednephritis, unlike all other associated complications, most centers provide a program or a sequence of regular urine and blood pressure monitoring for up to 12 months.

Suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.