[General] Does it sound okay for natives?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomajinty

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
Hi,
The sentences below are what I used for the front page of my brand webpage which will be launched next year. It's a kind of parking page. I'm wondering if it is perfectly formal for english natives.

Thank you for visiting ******.com. Our webpage wiill be relreased in a few months. For inquiries about brand or product, please email us at **@******.com.

The brand is quite high-end, so I want them to be gentle and professional manner.
I appreciate if one of teachers help me.
Thanks in advance.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi,
The sentences below are what I used for the front page of my brand's [STRIKE]webpage[/STRIKE] website which will be launched next year. It's a kind of parking page. I'm wondering if it is perfectly formal for English natives.

Thank you for visiting ******.com. Our [STRIKE]webpage[/STRIKE] website [STRIKE]wiill[/STRIKE] will be [STRIKE]relreased[/STRIKE] released (or launched) in a few months. For inquiries about our brand or product, please email us at **@******.com.

The brand is quite high-end, so I want them (who does "them" refer to?) to be gentle and professional manner.
I would appreciate it if [STRIKE]one of[/STRIKE] the teachers could help me.
Thanks in advance.

Please see my amendments both to the wording of your parking page and to your post. What you will be launching next year is a website (not a webpage) and so far you have built one page.

nelson13

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Zhuang
Home Country
Bangladesh
Current Location
Japan
sorry, could you tell me why it is not necessary to change

to be gentle and professional manner.

into

to be in a gentle and professional manner.

?

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Do you expect most visitors to actually have questions about your brand? I should think they would care about your products and/or services. They aren't going to care about your brand. Perhaps your company as whole?

nomajinty

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
I thought people would be curious about our brand rather than service because it is new brand which people aren't familiar with. Furthermore, it is a fashion related brand. Thank you so much for all of your advice.

Do you expect most visitors to actually have questions about your brand? I should think they would care about your products and/or services. They aren't going to care about your brand. Perhaps your company as whole?

nomajinty

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
'them' refers to 'the sentences.' Sorry for confusion. thanks.

Please see my amendments both to the wording of your parking page and to your post. What you will be launching next year is a website (not a webpage) and so far you have built one page.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I can understand you wanting the contents of your webpage to be professional, but gentle isn't really something associated with written English.

Status
Not open for further replies.