Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I have verbal job offer from a new employer. They said they were going to email me a formal offer letter. It has been 2 days and I have not received it. Should I wait and is my email below to pushy? Below is my email to the VP who I met with.

Mr XYZ,
It was great meeting with you yesterday and again thank you for this opportunity. I am really looking forward to working with you and your team. I truly believe that we can build on your success at XYZ inc and take it to another level . At our meeting you said you would be sending me a formal offer letter. As of today I have not received it and I was wondering when I should expect it.

Sincerely,

XXX

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I have a verbal job offer from a new employer. They said they were going to email me a formal offer letter. It has been 2 days and I have not received it. Should I wait and is my email below too pushy? Below is my email to the VP who I met with.

Mr XYZ,
It was great meeting with you [strike]and[/strike] the day before yesterday (or say "on Wednesday) and [strike]again[/strike] I would like to thank you again for this opportunity. I am really looking forward to [strike]worrying[/strike] working with you and your team. I truly believe that we can build on your success at XYZ Inc and take it to another level. [strike]At our meeting you said you would be sending me a formal offer letter. As of today I have not received it and I was wondering when I should expect it.[/strike]

I would be very grateful if you could let me know when I might receive the formal offer letter.

Sincerely,

XXX

See my suggested corrections above. In my opinion, two days is too soon to chase up the offer letter. The VP probably has to advise several people, including the HR Department and it will be up to them to draw up the relevant paperwork, check that it is all correct and then send it to you. I would wait at least a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.