[Grammar] can we ever use (don't) with he,she or it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankchn

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Hi , i am an ESL student ,i am so glad to join (usingenglish), so when my teacher was teaching us from the books he never used (Don't) with he/she/it or any singular except (I) of course , but as soon as i started speaking English with other people they always use (don't) with any subject(he/she/it/i/you/we/they)they NEVER use (DOES/DOES NOT) with the singular subjects {its like they never heard of (DOES/doesn't) or what ?} ,,,but anyway i use "Does" with he/she/it and Do with I/you/we/they, as well as in negative sentences ,So please let me know that when is it possible to use (Don't) with subjects like He/She/It ? thanks !:-o

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Hi , i am an ESL student ,i am so glad to join (usingenglish), so when my teacher was teaching us from the books he never used (Don't) with he/she/it or any singular except (I) of course , but as soon as i started speaking English with other people they always use (don't) with any subject(he/she/it/i/you/we/they)they NEVER use (DOES/DOES NOT) with the singular subjects {its like they never heard of (DOES/doesn't) or what ?} ,,,but anyway i use "Does" with he/she/it and Do with I/you/we/they, as well as in negative sentences ,So please let me know that when is it possible to use (Don't) with subjects like He/She/It ? thanks !:-o
You can only say, "He don't ..." if you're a black American speaking in dialect, or a songwriter. It's not correct standard English.
Singular 'you' also uses "don't". It's a regular conjugation.
I do
You do (sing)
He/she/it does
We do
You do (pl)
They do

Status
Not open for further replies.