[Grammar] Please correct this sentences THANKSSSSS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert900

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
I have four sentences by myself:
1.The development of science and techonolgy let people learning very easily.
2.More and more people realized the importance about protecting environment
3.In my opinion,it's bad to constract factory in our commuity.
4.Because of age, parents' understanding of their children sometimes not as good as their peers'.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!

HanibalII

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
I have four sentences by myself:

The development of science and technologies allow people to gain knowledge with ease.

2.More and more people realized the importance about protecting environment.
A gaining majority of people have realised the importance of protecting the environment.

In my opinion, constructing factories in our community may have a detrimental effect.

4.Because of age, parents' understanding of their children sometimes not as good as their peers'
Due to the age difference between parents and children, a child's peer group may communicate more effectively.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!

Last sentence confused me a little. Thought I gave it a pretty good go. But you should wait to confirm with another advanced user around here.

*Not a teacher, but getting there!

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
The development of science and technologies allow people to gain knowledge with ease.

2.More and more people realized the importance about protecting environment.
A gaining majority of people have realised the importance of protecting the environment.

In my opinion, constructing factories in our community may have a detrimental effect.

4.Because of age, parents' understanding of their children sometimes not as good as their peers'
Due to the age difference between parents and children, a child's peer group may communicate more effectively.

Please don't change the sentences so dramatically. In the first one, for example, you could have simply changed "learning" to "learn" and kept very closely to the original words. There was no reason to change "more and more people" to "a gaining majority of people" In fact, that change might not even be correct - there might not be a majority, even though the overall number has increased.

Status
Not open for further replies.