Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
I wrote this letter to practice for my proficency examination ( it is in two days) and I would really appreciate if someone could have a look at it. What brand/mark do you think it belongs to?
Thank you in advantage :)

Dear sir/ madam,*
I am writing with reference to the article I have read in the last issue of your magazine, regarding the cultural significance of food. I must say that I have been a passionate reader for a quite long time and that I have appreciated this article in a particoular way. That may concern the fact that my country, Italy, has always demonstrated a certain interest in food. We are known all over the world for our mediterranean dishes. I strongly believe that it is due, not only to their delicious taste, but also to their healthness. Italian families consider food as somenthing rather important, for istance, lunch is not only a meal, but it is a moment of reunion between the members themselves and it *also represents an occasion to give thanks to God for the food he is offering us and to think about all the people that do not have the fortune to recieve as much as we do. In fact children *are taught to pray before starting every meal since a very young age, so that they learn to appreciate it. Notwithstanding there are people who, unfortunately, are not able to grant food its value. Nowdays one is rarely able to find products that are harverested without the usage of chimical substances, not even vegetables, but despite this, in my region there are still many men who provide us with this natural products. Unfortunately, this activity is destinated to fade in the near future, as most of the men who continue to harverest *are quite old and the new generation is not likely to persue such an activity.

Ps the closing lines are missing

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I wrote this letter to practice for my proficency examination ( it is in two days) and I would really appreciate if someone could have a look at it. What brand/mark (??) do you think it belongs to?
Thank you in advantage :)

Dear Sir or Madam,*
[STRIKE]I am writing [/STRIKE] This is with reference to the article I[STRIKE] have [/STRIKE] read in the last issue of your magazine regarding the cultural significance of food. I must say that I have been a passionate reader for a quite long time and that I [STRIKE]have[/STRIKE] appreciated this article in a particular way. That may [STRIKE]concern the fact that [/STRIKE]may be because my country, Italy, has always demonstrated a certain interest in food. We are known all over the world for our mediterranean dishes. I strongly believe that it is due, not only to their delicious taste, but also to their [STRIKE]healthness[/STRIKE] healthfulness. Italian families consider food as something rather important, for instance, lunch is not only a meal, but it is a moment of reunion between [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] family members themselves and it *also represents an occasion to give thanks to God for the food he is offering us and to think about all the people that do not have the fortune to receive as much as we do. In fact, children *are taught to pray before starting every meal [STRIKE]since [/STRIKE] from a very young age, so that they learn to appreciate [STRIKE]it[/STRIKE] what they are about to eat. [STRIKE]Notwithstanding[/STRIKE] Nevertheless, there are people who, unfortunately, are not able to [STRIKE]grant[/STRIKE] see food for its value. Nowadays one is rarely able to find products that are harverested without the usage of chemical substances, not even vegetables, but despite this, in my region there are still many men who provide us with [STRIKE]this[/STRIKE] these natural products. Unfortunately, this activity is destined[STRIKE]ated[/STRIKE] to fade in the near future, as most of the men who continue to harverest *are quite old and the new generation is not likely to pursue such an [STRIKE]activity[/STRIKE] valuable occupation.

Ps the closing lines are missing

I don't understand your purpose/use of the asterisks.

Heyhi

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
Thank you for the corrections :) what do you think of the context?
I did not put the * and I have no idea why they are here .

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Thank you for the corrections. :) What do you think of the context?
I did not put the * and I have no idea why they are there.

I don't know what you mean by "What do you think of the context?" Surely the context is that this is a practice piece for your CPE. Did you mean to ask what we think of the subject matter or the content?

Status
Not open for further replies.