Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Hi,
I have a question. Which of these texts is better?

1. I have already written to you, and I received your reply to submit my documents. I should be grateful if you would review them and determine whether they qualify me for admission to doctoral studies. I would be grateful for a firm decision. I am in Germany at present, and if I qualify for the doctoral degree then I will apply and go to Glasgow.
  2. I have already wrote to you and received your reply to submit my documents. I would appreciate it greatly if you would review them and determine whether they qualify me to be admitted into a doctoral studies program. I will be awaiting for a firm decision concerning this from you. At present, I am in Germany and if you find that I meet the qualifications to pursue a doctoral degree then I will apply to be admitted and go to Glasgow.
  3. I have written to you previously, and received your request for submitting my documents. I would be grateful for your review in determining whether I qualify for admission for doctoral studies. I am presently in Germany and if qualified, I will apply and go to Glasgow.

Thank you in advance for your help.

lyfen

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Cambodia
Current Location
France
Not a teacher.

:) Hi,I 'd like the 3th one, as it's clear and brevity.

Last edited by a moderator:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
:) Hi. (space required here) [strike]I'd[/strike] I like the [strike]3th[/strike] 3rd one, as it's clear and [strike]brevity[/strike] ​brief.

Please start your posts with "Not a teacher" when you are trying to respond to someone else's question. (I have now added it to your post #2.)

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
I prefer the first. The second needs correcting- I have wrote won't get you off to a good start. In the first, if you're going to use I should be grateful, then use it the second time as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.