Other
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Hello all!

My English teacher recommended me to listen English audiobooks to improve my listening skills and pronunciation. For some time I used just ordinary MP3 player to do this, but it was annoying to rewind and search for unclear word every time I didn't understand something. So, because I am a programmer, I realized that there can be better solution – player that splits audiobooks into phrases and allows you to listen and repeat in phrase by phrase basis.

So I wrote an application for Windows, and made it free. Here it is: http://www.povalyaev.com

Fill free to express your opinion and criticism, it is valuable for me! I will be glad, if you'll find it useful :)

Sergey P.

Last edited:

SergeyP

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
By the way, does anybody knows about websites with free and legal abridged audiobooks? Something like Librivox project, but with abridged stuff. Or at least, may be you can recommend some websites with paid abridged audiobooks, but in MP3 format, not in some closed DRM format, like ".aa" files of Audible.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
I don't know of free abridged stuff- complete texts are easy to find if they're out of copyright, but abridging changes the copyright and requires work.

SergeyP

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Yes, agree, abridging changes requires work. May be at least there are some web sites that sell abridged books in MP3 and have cheap prices?

Status
Not open for further replies.