Please, please!!! Check my cover letter!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

annbarc

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Portugal
Current Location
Poland
Can someone please edit my cover letter? Its very important for me !!! Thanks a lot!!
[FONT=&quot]

My fascination with science dates back to my years in high school when I was attending an extended curriculum course in physics, chemistry and biology. After completing my secondary education, I was certain that I wanted to continue my studies in this direction and, I undertook an MSc course in Biology at the xxx. I believe that nature still holds numerous exciting undiscovered phenomena of beneficial use to humanity and environment, all waiting to be explored, and I would like to be part of the next discovery. Therefore, I wish to pursue a higher degree in science by research.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
The topic of my MSc thesis was “[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Lectins profile of salivary proteins - age related comparison[/FONT][FONT=&quot]” which [/FONT][FONT=&quot]I [/FONT][FONT=&quot]have performed in the Glycoconjugate Biochemistry Department of the xxxx.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]The aim of my research was to assess the difference in glycosylation pattern of SC and H chains of SIgA from saliva young healthy females, with and without hormone therapy, females with allergy (20-25 years old) and in healthy older (60-65) postmenopausal females. The results of my research I presented in “The XX International Symposium of Polish Network of Molecular and Cellular Biology“ (poster: SIgA glycosylation profile - age related comparison). [/FONT][FONT=&quot]During this project I became acquainted different analytical techniques, such as [/FONT][FONT=&quot]gel electrophoresis, lectin blotting, [/FONT][FONT=&quot]affinity[/FONT][FONT=&quot] chromatography and spectrophotometry[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. Moreover, during my studies [/FONT][FONT=&quot]I have taken several laboratory courses, during which I have worked with PCR, cell cultures and microscopy. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]I have also developed a set of practical skills, such as recording data, writing reports or delivering presentations, which will certainly prove crucial to achieving a successful research career. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
As you can see from my resume I am working as inspector in Poland. Work in Plant Health and Seed taught me good organization of work, the skill of priorities’ establishment and independence in solving problems. I have also developed interpersonal skills. This job also realized me that I have a passion for working in the laboratory and I wish to further broaden my knowledge and develop my career as a scientist. That is why I decided completed postgraduate studies on Molecular Biology direction in Department of Biochemistry, Biophysics and Biotechnology of xxxxx university. This study helped me better understanding of biological processes in living cell[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
This PhD project caught my special attention because I am convinced that subsequent work on role of p75 low affinity neurotrophin receptor in NGF mediated pain conditions help better understand pain mechanisms and will shed light on a novel way treating chronic pain. This very challenging topic of research can help stop a huge pool of humans suffering and improve the quality of their life and I would like be a part of this.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] For me this PhD studentship is an excellent opportunity to begin career in pain research. I would like benefit from skills and experience of the best experts working on various aspects of pain mechanisms and also have the opportunity to develop expertise in cell culture, PCR, immunohistochemistry and western blotting as well as transgenic mice technologies and pain behaviour testing. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]After the completion of my PhD I will attempt to obtain a postdoctoral position in a prestigious European laboratory. Afterwards, I will be aiming for a position as research group leader in the industry or in a Europeann University.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT] [FONT=&quot]
Personally, I am a self-motivated person who finds passion in her work. Once I have my mind focused on an objective, I will dedicate myself fully to achieving it. During my [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]master's thesis research[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]managed to meet my goals with little help from my supervisor, most of the times only requiring demonstrations on how to use tools that were new to me. I am not afraid of changes and I easily adapt to new conditions and environments. In addition, I feel equally enthusiastic towards working on both independent and collaborative research projects. To conclude, based on my academic knowledge and experience, I strongly believe that I have the capability and necessary expertise to carry out the proposed research.[/FONT]

Grumpy

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Can someone please edit my cover letter? Its very important for me !!! Thanks a lot!!

My fascination with science dates back to my years in high school, when I followed an extended curriculum course in physics, chemistry and biology. After completing my secondary education, I was certain that I wanted to continue my studies in this direction, and I undertook an MSc course in Biology at the xxx. I believe that Nature still holds numerous exciting, undiscovered phenomena of beneficial use to humanity and the environment, all waiting to be explored, and I would like to be part of the next discovery. Therefore, I wish to pursue a higher degree in science by research.

The topic of my MSc thesis was “
Lectins profile of salivary proteins - age related comparison” which I [] performed in the Glycoconjugate Biochemistry Department of the xxxx. The aim of my research was to assess the difference in glycosylation pattern of SC and H chains of SIgA from the saliva of young healthy females, with and without hormone therapy; females (20-25 years old) with an allergy; and [] healthy older (60-65) postmenopausal females. I presented the results of my research in “The XX International Symposium of Polish Network of Molecular and Cellular Biology“ (poster: SIgA glycosylation profile - age related comparison). During this project I became acquainted with different analytical techniques, such as gel electrophoresis, lectin blotting, affinity chromatography and spectrophotometry. Moreover, during my studies I have taken several laboratory courses, in which I have worked with PCR, cell cultures and microscopy. I [] also developed a set of practical skills, such as recording data, writing reports and delivering presentations, all of which will be important in achieving a successful research career.

As you can see from my resume, I am working as an inspector in Poland. My role in Plant Health and Seeds has taught me to organise my work well, and has given me the skills and confidence to establish priorities and solve problems independently. I have also developed my interpersonal skills considerably. This job also convinced me that I have a passion for working in the laboratory, and I wish to broaden my knowledge further and develop my career as a scientist. That is why I decided to complete postgraduate studies on Molecular Biology direction in the Department of Biochemistry, Biophysics and Biotechnology of xxxxx university. This study helped me gain a better understanding of biological processes in living cells.

This PhD project caught my special attention
, because I am convinced that subsequent work on the role of p75 low affinity neurotrophin receptor in NGF mediated pain conditions can help a better understanding of pain mechanisms, and will shed light on a novel way treating chronic pain. This very challenging topic of research can help stop many people suffering and improve the quality of their lives, and I would like be a part of this. For me, this PhD studentship is an excellent opportunity to begin a career in pain research. I would like to benefit from the skills and experience of the best experts working on various aspects of pain mechanisms, and also have the opportunity to develop my expertise in cell culture, PCR, immunohistochemistry and western blotting, as well as transgenic mice technologies and pain behaviour testing.

After completing my PhD, I will attempt to obtain a postdoctoral position in a prestigious European laboratory. Thereafter, I will be aiming for a position as a research group leader in [] Industry or in a European University. [] I am a self-motivated person, who finds passion in her work. Once I have my mind focused on an objective, I [] dedicate myself fully to achieving it. During my master's thesis research, I managed to meet my goals with little help from my supervisor; most of the time requiring only demonstrations on how to use tools that were new to me. I am not afraid of change, and I easily adapt to new conditions and environments. In addition, I feel equally enthusiastic towards working on both independent and collaborative research projects. in sum, based on my academic knowledge and experience, I strongly believe that I have the capability and necessary expertise to carry out the proposed research.

Good luck!

annbarc

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Portugal
Current Location
Poland
Thank you very, very, very much!!!Your correction is very useful and valuable for me!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.