Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Somali
Home Country
Somalia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
After I posted a thread last night and one before that, your advice really helped me, so I hope that I didn't make mistakes in this topic.

I also hope that I used suitable words for this story.
Here you can read the story and compare between them, http://news.oneindia.in/2010/07/10/psychic-aussie-croc-backs-paul-picks-spain.html

The crocodile Harry which weights 700kg and lives in the crocodile’s zoo in Darwin city in Australia backed the octopus Polo by choosing Spain for winning the World Cup.

The crocodile has taken less than one minute for predicting and emerged out from the water to devour a chicken which was under Spain’s flag rather than a chicken that was under Holland’s flag.

Mick Burns, the owner of the garden told the Northern Territory News, in the published issue on Saturday, “This idea came after seen the octopus Paul in Germany which succeeded predictions of all Germany’s played games results in the World Cup.

The octopus Paulo also predicted a win for Spain against Holland in the final game this Sunday. But Harry’s system for prediction is quite different, it moves for little time before seizing (under Spain’s flag’s chicken) or (a chicken that was under Spain’s flag).

Burns clarified this by saying “it will be an aggressive and equivalent game which will end up to 1-0 for Spain”.

Last edited:

IHIVG

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Oh God. Octopus, crocodile, parrot... who's next?
I mean, people, get a life!
Ok, this just made me think, why on earth did I not do the same stunt with my cats! :lol:

P.S. Sorry for the off-topic, atchan ;-).

IHIVG

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
After I posted a thread last night and one before that, your advice really helped me, so I hope that I didn't make mistakes in this topic.

I also hope that I used suitable words for this story.
Here you can read the story and compare between them, FIFA World Cup Finals | Psychic Australia Crocodile | Octopus Paul | Predictions | Spain - Oneindia News

The crocodile Harry, which [STRIKE]weights[/STRIKE] weighs 700kg and lives in the crocodile’s zoo in Darwin city, [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] Australia, (The 'in' is not wrong; it's just that I think without it it would sound better.) backed the octopus Polo by choosing Spain for winning the World Cup.

The crocodile has taken less than one minute for predicting and emerged [STRIKE]out[/STRIKE] from the water to devour a chicken which was under the Spain’s flag rather than a chicken that was under the Holland’s flag.

Mick Burns, the owner of the garden, told the Northern Territory News in the published issue on Saturday, “This idea came after seeing the octopus Paul in Germany which succeeded [STRIKE]predictions[/STRIKE] in predicting [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] all Germany’s played games results in the World Cup.

The octopus Paulo also predicted a win for Spain against Holland in the final game this Sunday. But Harry’s system for prediction is quite different: [STRIKE]it[/STRIKE]The crocodile moves for little time (?) before seizing (under Spain’s flag’s chicken) or (a chicken that was under Spain’s flag). (You've already mentioned the way of prediction above.)

Burns clarified this (clarified what?) by saying, It will be an aggressive and [STRIKE]equivalent[/STRIKE] equal game which will end up [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] with 1-0 for Spain”.
You used 'Polo' and 'Paulo' for the same animal. You might want to stick with only one name (the article gives Paul.)

Status
Not open for further replies.