Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
The idea of having a single career is becoming an old fashioned one. The new fashion will be to have several careers or ways of earning money and further education will be something that continues throughout life. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

In the world there is still a trend of one profession only, like wise in States, UK there are companies who need a people who specialized in specific fields. Here I want to share one real world example, one of my friend went to USA , he has got the Multiple VISA from the embassy but he came back due to joblessness in his field, he survived on odd jobs, he experienced there that a person who have no certifications of the specific field can’t get success ,that person is unable to touch a Computer hardware even . Hence there is still a trend for a specific field specialization. That is also not bad, as there is saying that "Jack of all Master of None".

In the olden days people use to have one profession for good, but due to too much competition and high unemployment rate creates the problem for the one. And people should know more than that for the stability in their profession. The person should have a capability to run the extra mile. Here I want to share my personal example what I have gone through , I worked in one photo developing studio’s as system support engineer , I thought I am very good at work but according to company they want cost effectiveness hence they found an employee with multiple capabilities. So I have been beaten by that and lost my job. Hence the person should be two dimensional who can support his work by giving his company an extra mile.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
When will you submit this essay to your teacher for marking?

Status
Not open for further replies.