[Grammar] 50 million dollars

Status
Not open for further replies.

ablatz44

Member Type
Student or Learner
Everyday millions of lottery tickets are sold in the United States; you are 6 to 45 times more likely to be struck by lightning then winning the lottery. But let's say you beat the odds and win big! Fifty million dollars to be precise have you ever thought about how'd you spend your millions? Most people blow their winnings in the first few years; buying expensive cars and million dollar mansions. They don't think too far ahead. I grew up middle class in an urban town where having money distinguish class; if you didn't have money it was known. I didn't realize until middle school how much my mom sacrificed so we would be treated like equals. I've had a job since I was fourteen and I believe that a dollar goes a long way. If I were to win fifty million dollars it could not only make a difference in my life, but in many others as well.

Like I said, growing up my family didn't have much money. My mom worked nights, two jobs, and somehow still managed to take care of my brother and I. But I didn't realize any of this until my teenage years because everything I wanted, I got. I didn't know how hard my mom was working just so I could have a normal childhood. I played sports, wore nice clothes, and went out with my friends. The first thing I would do if I won fifty million dollars is make sure my mom didn't have to work another day. She has never put herself first it's always been about me and my brother; I know a dream of hers is to have season tickets to the Vikings, I'd get her front and center. Also, I would finish renovation on our house it's been under construction for twelve years now and I know my mother would love to see it finished. After the house is done I might as well finish paying off the mortgage. I'd make sure she was set for life, I'd want her to know how much I appreciate everything has and will do for me.

I believe in sharing the wealth; charities are very close to my heart. I already donate every month to The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals or better known as aspca. I'd set aside one million for that charity and another million for the women, children and family service charities of America. One of my passions in life is lacrosse. Not a very well known sport I'd like to create more clinics and at a cheaper rate. My major is wildlife ecology and conservation, so I'm a supporter of the world wildlife fund. I'd donate as much time and money into this foundation as I could. Wildlife is a big part of this universe and so easily forgotten. I also would like to invest; though I don't know much about it and would have no idea where to start I'd definitly get a finical advisor to help.

Last but not least there are a few things in life I've always dreamed about doing if I had the money. I would love to travel mainly just backpacking the whole time. I wouldn't want the touristy parts I'd want to see the good, the bad, and ugly. I'd first start in Europe down in Portugal and work my way up to Spain, France, and Germany. I'd spend at least two or 3 weeks in each country learning all about culture and tradition. Then make way over to Russia and down to china then fly down to Australia. I would spend at least a month in Australia visiting conservations and enjoying the wildlife out there. My last stop would be Africa I would love to work a preserve for a couple of months and see what it's like. After all of that I'd move back home to Minnesota, get a house in the country by some land and settle down. I'd get my masters from the U of M in wildlife ecology and conservation and start my own organization, that's my life's goal.

So have you figured out what you'd spend your millions on? Whether itis expensive vacations or buying Chanel and Gucci make sure it's something means something to you. Make your dreams come true.

RonBee

Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Every day millions of lottery tickets are sold in the United States; you are 6 to 45 times more likely to be struck by lightning than to win the lottery.
I would prefer a period to a semicolon there, but a semicolon is okay.

:)

RonBee

Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
But let's say you beat the odds and win big-- fifty million dollars to be precise. Have you ever thought about how'd you spend your millions? Most people blow their winnings in the first few years buying expensive cars and million dollar mansions. They don't think too far ahead. I grew up middle class in an urban town where having money distinguishes class; if you didn't have money it was known. I didn't realize until middle school how much my mom sacrificed so we would be treated like equals. I've had a job since I was fourteen and I believe that a dollar goes a long way. If I were to win fifty million dollars it could not only make a difference in my life, but in the lives of many others as well.

RonBee

Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I didn't realize until middle school how much my mom sacrificed so we would be treated like equals.
You might want to say:
so we would be treated as equals.

Status
Not open for further replies.