Member Type
Other
Native Language
Bihari
Home Country
Bangladesh
Current Location
Bangladesh
Please GIve me some idea about this.....

Ms.Bright Student

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
HI

I am newbie here, kindly excuse if i am asking a stupid question

i too tried this software but just got figuers & details of my text.

I thought it will point out mistakes but didnt showed anything.

Please Explain!!!!

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
It's an analyser not a grammar check. It analyses the text in various ways- performs readability tests, looks at the vocabulary, etc. There are programs like Grammarly and Whitesmoke that do some checking for errors and text improvement.

chinafriend

Member Type
Retired Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
China
I typed in text to be analyzed, but I could not find the results. Is it still working (I notice there have not been any new posts for a few years)? If it is still working, how do I access the results of the analysis? Thanks

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
I typed in text to be analyzed, but I could not find the results. Is it still working (I notice there have not been any new posts for a few years)? If it is still working, how do I access the results of the analysis? Thanks
I have just tried it again, and it worked. Did you enter a title?. Did you press 'Calulate Now'?

I don't understand what you mean by there being no posts. That's a place to have your texts analysed, not to post messages.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan

If you were using the one here: Text Content Analyser - UsingEnglish.com, then scroll down to see the results. However,l as you are a member, there's a better one in the Members' Area- this one gives you quite a lot more information. You can also store up to 20 texts.

There are no posts- it's an analyser and not part of the forum.

bwulchak

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
It would be helpful if the Analyser had a tab that pinpointed common mistakes like Grammarly.com. My problem with Grammarly is that it prints out endless picky errors rather than show simple errors with suggested corrections. Too bad the software can't be set to highlight only key errors being worked on at that point.

Can anyone suggest a program other than Grammarly or Whitesmoke?

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan

Esredux

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Great job! With a couple of trials, it looks very much like what I've been seeking.
There might appear some minor issues later on but right now everything is working fine.
Thanks,

ahmetabdullah

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
Hello,

The advanced text analyzer appears to be extremely helpful to me. However I need to analyze a text size of which exceeds the limits. Is not there any possibility to increase the number of characters? This is crucial since, I combined all the reading passages in Cambridge IELTS book and now am trying to sort the words according to frequency. Thus, we will reach the peak of efficiency in memorizing the words. The first 20 percent of the list, probably constitute more than half of the vocabulary.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
I'll check with the webmaster as I know of no way to do this.

A.Russell

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
New Zealand
Current Location
Thailand
Hello,

The advanced text analyzer appears to be extremely helpful to me. However I need to analyze a text size of which exceeds the limits. Is not there any possibility to increase the number of characters? This is crucial since, I combined all the reading passages in Cambridge IELTS book and now am trying to sort the words according to frequency. Thus, we will reach the peak of efficiency in memorizing the words. The first 20 percent of the list, probably constitute more than half of the vocabulary.

It is a limitation of the text box.

Have you tried the old Range and Frequency programs from Paul Nation?

scho5

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hello,

Is there a benefit to using the sampled grading compared to the overall grading?

prhana

Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi Red,

Have you made this tool available for incorporation into other sites/platforms? I would like to embed your calculations in a webform generator so that I can report on relative effectiveness of pages with varying levels of text complexity.

Thanks in advance,

jbuccola

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Is it possible to use this tool via an API for a few thousand essays? Looking to do an academic analysis on works from a finite number of authors over a period of 30 years.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
I have asked the webmaster about this as your question is above my pay-grade.

deni0034

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
Denmark
Hi

I am new to this site. I have just registered and have tried to use the advanced text analysis too. I get an error response after entering the text:

Oops! - Page Not Found

https://www.usingenglish.com/members/text-analysis/summary.php

Looks like the page you were after is either no longer live on our server, or more likely has moved.
But don't go anywhere, there is heaps of good stuff here, and you are more than welcome to have a look around. Just follow one of the links above to find what you were looking for, or otherwise try a search below:
Search

I am specifically interested in the Graded Reader analysis part of it. Has anyone tried it? I would like to try to write a graded reader, but need some way of finding out how many headwords there are. The simpler version for text analysis works fine, but lacks the graded reader analysis feature.

Regards,
deni0034

Red5

Webmaster, UsingEnglish.com
Staff member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Hi there,

Sorry you are having trouble with the text analyser. Please can you post the exact URL that you are trying to access when you receive the above message (is should have a ?text_id= part to the URL followed by a number)? I'll try and look into this issue for you.

Thanks!

trin3040

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi there,

Sorry you are having trouble with the text analyser. Please can you post the exact URL that you are trying to access when you receive the above message (is should have a ?text_id= part to the URL followed by a number)? I'll try and look into this issue for you.

Thanks!

Hi, I am also a new users who is having exactly the same problem. Has this been fixed?

Status
Not open for further replies.