Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Saudi Arabia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia

"The ruling class dreamed a nightmare, and made it real. We are now caught up in it. For many of us -- certainly for me, and very possibly for you -- the end result is clear: the ruling class intends to kill us. Not today or tomorrow, the ruling class hasn't reached that point of desperation quite yet, but they'll kill us soon enough. We have no value to them; we're superfluous; we're not needed."
More: Once Upon a Time...: To Honor the Value of a Single Life: The First Murder

Does soon enough mean within an indefinite time, sluggish,
in time or early?

Gillnetter

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

"The ruling class dreamed a nightmare, and made it real. We are now caught up in it. For many of us -- certainly for me, and very possibly for you -- the end result is clear: the ruling class intends to kill us. Not today or tomorrow, the ruling class hasn't reached that point of desperation quite yet, but they'll kill us soon enough. We have no value to them; we're superfluous; we're not needed."
More: Once Upon a Time...: To Honor the Value of a Single Life: The First Murder

Does soon enough mean within an indefinite time, sluggish,
in time or early?
I understand it to mean after a short time, or, as you suggest "in time". "sluggish" doesn't work here at all. Sluggish means to move slowly.

Status
Not open for further replies.