Please be honest with me for/on everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jit833

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Canada
1) Please be honest with me for/on everything. (Should I use for or on?).

2) My is a very good person, she gives off warm and safe feeling to people. (Can I sue give off?).

3) Both my housemates tussled and wrestled with each other. I am afraid they will move aimlessly while wrestling and tussling and will crash and burst intomy room.

Are the above sentences correct? I hope someone can correct my mistakes. Thanks.

Gillnetter

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
1) Please be honest with me for/on everything. (Should I use for or on?). Neither one - use "about".

2) My (?) is a very good person, she gives off warm and safe feelings to people. (Can I sue (use) give off?). Yes. The sun gives off warmth and light.

3) Both my housemates tussled and wrestled with each other. I am afraid they will move aimlessly while wrestling and tussling and will crash and burst intomy (into my) room. Are you aware that the first sentence is in the past and the second sentence is in the present?

Are the above sentences correct? I hope someone can (Do not use "can" here. "can" indicates an ability. Use "will".) correct my mistakes. Thanks.
At this point in your education you should have learned to check your spelling before posting anything. This (editing) is the most difficult part of writing. Take the time to look at every word you have written. If you are unsure of a word, research it in a dictionary.

Jit833

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Canada
At this point in your education you should have learned to check your spelling before posting anything. This (editing) is the most difficult part of writing. Take the time to look at every word you have written. If you are unsure of a word, research it in a dictionary.

Thanks for replying.

Yes I realised that I have made a mistake, thanks for pointing out.

I should use was instead of is. I was so careless.

Both my housemates tussled and wrestled with each other. I was afraid that they will move aimlessly while wrestling and tussling and will crash and burst into my room.

For sentence number 2, I meant to say my mother give off warm feeling. Should I say warm or warmth?

Gillnetter

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Thanks for replying.

Yes I realised that I have made a mistake, thanks for pointing out.

I should use was instead of is. I was so careless.

Both my housemates tussled and wrestled with each other. I was afraid that they will move aimlessly while wrestling and tussling and will crash and burst into my room. ("I was afraid" indicates a past feeling. If you want to use the past, use "would" - "I was afraid that they would move..."

For sentence number 2, I meant to say my mother give off warm feeling. Should I say warm or warmth?
My is a very good person, she gives off warm and safe feeling to people.

Use either - "My mother gives off a warm feeling", or, "My mother gives off warm feelings". If you want to use "warmth" - "My mother gives off a feeling of warmth to people".

Status
Not open for further replies.