Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Somali
Home Country
Somalia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
My country is Somalia and I cry whenever I see my broken country and fighting brothers each other. :-(

1) My biggest dream is to see “The big Somali” not these weak regions which cannot defend its self if it’s been attacked by any enemy.
2) I hope to see these regions going to gather to solve their disagreement on speech by their selves.
3) Somali pirates aren’t terriers not burglars they’re our brothers who protecting and defending our sea after its wealth has stolen and thrown chemicals by foreign countries.

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
My country is Somalia and I cry whenever I see my broken country and fighting brothers. :-(

1) My biggest dream is to see “The big Somalia, not these weak regions which cannot defend [STRIKE]its self[/STRIKE] themselves [STRIKE]if it’s been[/STRIKE] when attacked by any enemy.

2) I hope to see these regions [STRIKE]going to[/STRIKE] gathering together to solve their [STRIKE]disagreement[/STRIKE] disputes [STRIKE]on speech by their selves.[/STRIKE] by talking to each other.

3) Somali pirates aren’t terriers (terrorists?) [STRIKE]not[/STRIKE] nor are they burglars (? robbers/thieves ?) They’re our brothers who protect[STRIKE]ing [/STRIKE]and defend[STRIKE]ing[/STRIKE] our sea after its wealth has been stolen and [STRIKE]thrown[/STRIKE] chemicals have been thrown into it by foreign countries.

See above. Corrections are in red. Queries, and possible answers, are in blue.

Atchan

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Somali
Home Country
Somalia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
Thank you for you help :up:

bertietheblue

Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I'm not sure about 3). If wealth has already been stolen and chemicals thrown into the sea then what are you defending the sea against? I think I'd rephrase this, since aren't you defending against future theft and pollution and not the past? Also, I'd say 'spewn' instead of 'thrown out' because it's more emotive and also I don't think you 'throw chemicals out' - it sounds like you're thowing them overboard as jetsam! Altenatively 'discharged' (less emotive than 'spewn', more correct that 'thrown out') or 'leaked' (suggests less of an intention to pollute).

Atchan

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Somali
Home Country
Somalia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
I'm not sure about 3). If wealth has already been stolen and chemicals thrown into the sea then what are you defending the sea against? I think I'd rephrase this, since aren't you defending against future theft and pollution and not the past? Also, I'd say 'spewn' instead of 'thrown out' because it's more emotive and also I don't think you 'throw chemicals out' - it sounds like you're thowing them overboard as jetsam! Altenatively 'discharged' (less emotive than 'spewn', more correct that 'thrown out') or 'leaked' (suggests less of an intention to pollute).

I'm defending the sea from foreign enemies who stolen and roiled it in the past years.
secondly, I appreciate your advises but which is the best. spewn or discharged

Last edited:

bertietheblue

Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
My country is Somalia and I cry whenever I see my broken country and fighting brothers. :-(

3) Somali pirates aren’t terriers not burglars they’re our brothers who protecting and defending our sea after its wealth has stolen and thrown chemicals by foreign countries.

How about:

"The Somali pirates aren't terrorists, nor are they thieves. They are our brothers who protect our sea from foreign countries that plunder it for its wealth and pollute all life within."

Atchan

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Somali
Home Country
Somalia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
How about:

"The Somali pirates aren't terrorists, nor are they thieves. They are our brothers who protect our sea from foreign countries that plunder it for its wealth and pollute all life within."

Really, you are a fantastic and smart teacher. you may know that I speak three language which are (somali "Original", Arabic "because this country that I live in" and English "my favorite"). But English language is very hard to me. so, you must know my difficulties against English and appreciate it.

Thank you

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.