Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Morocco
Current Location
Morocco
That's a great answer; but I don't find him a pompous jerk;
As I see, he was puffed up with vanity .Especially when he made an offer to lizzy to marry him, despite the fact that she refused him, he was still insist on considering her answer that she did not mean what she had said and she played a game with him.
He was so proud of himself that he could not imagine that he would be rejected becauseh he was certain of his social value and steady position .Ironically he had no fortune at the present, slave of lady Catherine, quite stupid when he said that he will inherit the bennets' property when their father die.
lacking down-to-earth sincerity. His competitor was less handsome, but really kind. Just my view.
I do not understand this idea and who is his competitor who is not handsome?

Best regards

Last edited:

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi symaa,
I got your message, but I don't have anything to add to what the others have already said.

My most recent reading of this book was Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, which was extremely funny (though parts were a bit gross). Charlotte accepts Mr. Collins because she has been bitten by a zombie and knows here time is limited before she turns into one too, and want some security. Lady Catherine despises Lizzy not only for her inferior family relations, but also for her inferior martial arts training, which she thinks makes her less equipped to kill zombies. It has tainted my memory of some of the finer points of the real book, which I'll reread this summer.

symaa

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Morocco
Current Location
Morocco
Hi symaa,
I got your message, but I don't have anything to add to what the others have already said.

My most recent reading of this book was Pride and Prejudice and Zombies??Perhaps you had read another vertion, which was extremely funny (though parts were a bit gross). Charlotte accepts Mr. Collins because she has been bitten by a zombie and knows here time is limited before she turns into one too, and want some security. Lady Catherine despises Lizzy not only for her inferior family relations, but also for her inferior martial arts training, which she thinks makes her less equipped to kill zombies. It has tainted my memory of some of the finer points of the real book, which I'll reread this summer.

Thank you a lot but just I want to know your point of view concerning Why Mr.Darcy dissembled his feeling for quite a long time?

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Yes, It was indeed another version, and quite a funny satire.

Mr. Darcy took a long time to let his heart overrule his head (and prejudices).

symaa

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Morocco
Current Location
Morocco
Yes, It was indeed another version, and quite a funny satire.

Mr. Darcy took a long time to let his heart overrule his head (and prejudices).

Ok, but I think prejudices do not refer to Mr.Darcy but rather to Elizabeth, because it is she who had judged him unfairly relying on one event, on the first impression when she overheard that she was not pretty enough.
As I see, Elizabeth was the only character who changed her attitude, and started to see him in a different light, that his behaviour was completely blameless.

Best regards,

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
More than enough pride and prejudice to go around, I think. (That means there was enough for everyone to have their "share" of these two undesirable attitudes.)

Remember Darcy's attitude at the first ball... he was quite prejudiced in his opinions that anyone "worthy" could be found there.

Anyway, if you enjoyed it, try the zombies version. Like most satire, it's funnier because of how closely it follows the original story.

symaa

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Morocco
Current Location
Morocco
More than enough pride and prejudice to go around, I think. (That means there was enough for everyone to have their "share" of these two undesirable attitudes.)

Remember Darcy's attitude at the first ball... he was quite prejudiced in his opinions that anyone "worthy" could be found there.

Anyway, if you enjoyed it, try the zombies version. Like most satire, it's funnier because of how closely it follows the original story.

yeah you are right, Mr.darcy look proud in the party, like he felt that he was superior , but he is a good person inside as the housekeeper said, he just did not like to talk as much as the other young men.
Besides, he told to elizabeth that her criticisms of manners had started to change him,and he had admitted that he had been a selfish being all his life, in practice, though not in principle.

Thank you for sharing your time and your ideas, really I enjoy discussing with you:up:.
All the best;-)

symaa

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Morocco
Current Location
Morocco
... she knew they would not make each other happy; she is convinced her dear friend Charlotte will not be happy either.

sincerely;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.