Please can you check the text from the t of view of the language? (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ripley

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
Please can you check the text from the point of view of the language?
Please start checking from the text of the task, since I have wiritten it myself.
Thanks. Rip

The reversal of values is one of the main thems in the play. Discuss it making reference to the scene of the three witches and also considering the principles of the time

Macbeth tells the story of a regicide. It is an act against nature which brings chaos, catastrophe and terrible weather condictions. So, it is most significant that the prophecies of the witches take place in a world of thunder and lightning and that Macbeth is mentioned for the first time in a context associated with evil, confusion, the reversal of values and time.
The murder of Duncan brings some consequences that go beyond individual conscience; it involves the fundamental principle of the Elizabethan Age, that is to say, the concept of order implying correspondences between the parts of Creation. Duncan is the symbol of social harmony, order, justice and honesty, the values that shoul inspire human behaviour. For this reason his death is foreshadowed by exceptional negative natural events which mirror the chaos of the social microcosm.

RonBee

Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Macbeth tells the story of a regicide. It is an act against nature which brings chaos, catastrophe and terrible weather condictions.
Killing the king brings bad weather? Interesting.

:)

ripley

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
I meant "brings about" ; perhaps I should say: It is an act that brings about chaos ; the catastrophe is associated with darkness and bad weather.

1)Is that ok?
2)What about the rest of my comment?
Thanks a lot. Rip

RonBee

Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I meant "brings about" ; perhaps I should say: It is an act that brings about chaos ; the catastrophe is associated with darkness and bad weather.

1)Is that ok?
2)What about the rest of my comment?
Thanks a lot. Rip
Better:
It is an act that causes chaos.

(The darkness and bad weather is, no doubt, symbolism that has to do with the events in the play.)

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.